- Keeping up a blog is a lot harder when you start working again. This week I started back at work, and I forgot what it was like to truly love your job. There is something to be said for enjoying your work and the environment you do it in. Right now, I am working partially in the office and partially out of a variety of coffee shops. After this first adjustment week, I promise to be a lot better about regular postings.
- One of my girlfriends is a Beachbody coach. Now, I have never been one to really buy into any of those programs, and in the past had purchased from her just as a supportive friend, but seeing her results, I am totally interested. As part of reaching my goals, I decided to join her Facebook group and give the workouts another chance. Now that I’m in the mental space to really make changes, I hope I can make it work this time. More on that later.
- I started working on my French and Spanish workbooks again. Just getting in the groove of conjugating verbs again, it is all starting to come back to me. I forgot how much I loved being able to understand a whole different language, and how much work it took to get to that point. I just realized how geeky all of that sounded…
- Mom invited me up to Gramma’s beach house at the end of the month. I didn’t make it there last summer, so I am so excited to see family that I haven’t seen in two years. I will also get to see Dad and Cam at Elon for Cam’s Family Weekend. Poor Piper is the only one I won’t get to see again before Christmas.
- I am living on iced tea, and I kind of love it. Even though we almost exclusively drink sparkling water and Diet Coke when we are all together as a family, I knew I wasn’t going to pay for that when I got home. Instead, I’ve been brewing pitchers on pitchers of iced tea and drinking about one a day (decaffeinated of course) and my skin has never looked better.
- I’m getting a new roommate next week and have to clear out the guest room for him. I’ve been spending too much time on looking up how to organize storage on Pinterest, and about no time actually getting started. It will be nice to have someone else around again, but I have gotten used to having my own space so it will be an adjustment. At the very least, it will force me to keep everything neater all the time.
- Nothing my to-read book list is looking too enthralling, so any recommendations would be majorly appreciated!